Membership Support Specialist (WTVI-PBS Charlotte)
Job Id: req2828
Position Closing Date: February 23, 2018
This role will be responsible for implementing the tactics required to support the membership department in maintaining a high level of customer service, meeting fundraising goals, retaining and growing membership base and providing production, coordination and administrative support on various assignments.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer all levels of pertinent communication with members through calls, mail and email on consistent basis and handling of any primary membership issues. Assist with processing member donations and may research and resolve discrepancies.
- Oversee all processes for member premium gifts and manage premium database to keep
inventory current with website and call center. Ensures customer service standards are being met with call center.
- Assists and maintains membership services associated with Passport, the digital platform for PBS on demand programming.
- Effectively monitors member data for accuracy and may create, update and maintain member files and databases.
- Researches and develops data and surveys related to cultivating new members, volunteers and social ambassadors.
- Assists digital department on e-Newsletter information to share with members, assist with event details and facilitate all relevant communication with the college.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Strong communications skills and professional in all contacts with the public
- Works well independently and with a team
- Computer and office skills
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and up to two years of related experience
- A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line. During the on-line application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
- College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the “additional documents” section of the application process.
- Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to (704) 330-6066 for attachment to the on-line application.
- All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Conditions of Employment
Salary for this position is $34,845 – $52,026. Pay grade for this position is I. Initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 25% percentile. Contract type is Classified. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval. CPCC offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Education Benefits, Disability and more.
Central Piedmont Community College is Mecklenburg County’s resource for academic excellence and cultural enrichment. Located minutes from uptown Charlotte, CPCC is in close proximity to the Queen City’s growing greenway project, professional sports arenas, and a number of premiere restaurant and shopping outlets that attract visitors from Mecklenburg County and beyond. Today, more than 70,000 students call CPCC home, making it the largest community college in the Carolinas and a job training powerhouse as it strives to be the national leader in workforce development.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment.