When to Tune In: Saturday, Nov. 18 at 12 p.m.
Expand your culinary talents in the kitchen with one of Central Piedmont Community College’s leading chefs Pamela Roberts.
½ pound soft butter
¼ cup honey
Whip together in a high speed mixer until light, fluffy and fully combined
½ cup Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons honey
Combine until smooth in a small bowl. Store in the refrigerator.
Fill a bottle with equal parts of:
Apple Cider Vinegar
Fruit puree or juice
Leave 1/3 of the bottle for water. Shake to combine everything then store in refrigerator. Serve over ice
Garnish with fruit or mint
½ cup dried elderberries
1 cinnamon stick
2 cups water
Combine and bring to a boil. Simmer until the liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Strain and add to:
1 cup honey
Shake well to combine.
Store in refrigerator
Stir-Fry Honey Shrimp with Broccoli
2 tablespoons garlic minced
1 teaspoon ginger minced or grated
½ cup honey
¼ cup soy sauce
1 pound shrimp uncooked, peeled and deveined
1 ½ cups broccoli
1. In a small bowl, mix together garlic, ginger, honey, and soy sauce. Set aside.
2. Place raw shrimp in a gallon sized food storage bag. Pour enough of the honey garlic sauce in the bag to lightly coat the shrimp; massage lightly to coat evenly. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Reserve the remaining honey soy sauce covered and at room temperature.
4. Trim broccoli into florets and steam until just tender. Remove from heat, set aside. Do not cover to preserve the bright green color
5. Warm a skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Remove shrimp from marinade bag and discard the bag and marinade. Place shrimp in the skillet cook for 1 minute on each side or until shrimp bodies are curled and browned.
7. Toss in the steamed broccoli
8. Drizzle remaining sauce over cooked shrimp and broccoli. Heat for 2-3 minutes, tossing to catch any remaining caramelized sauce on the bottom of the skillet.
9. Serve immediately over rice or noodles with remaining honey garlic sauce drizzled on top.
Garnish with sliced scallions, toasted sesame seeds and thin hot chili